How To Print Out 4 Copies of the Sales Invoice

Hi, The client that I am currently dealing with is going to quit using dot matrix printer. They wanted to use the Sales Invoice in Navision, in order for them to use the laser printer afterwards. They wanted to have 4 copies of the Sales Invoice, when printing out the report: 1. Original; 2. Remittance; 3. Accounting; 4. File. While all these 4 copies have the same output, the only section that will be different is the “Footer”. So, here is the problem: Is that possible to use only the Sales Invoice report for printing out all the 4 copies at once? If so, do I need a new dataitem? What should I do? Sincerely, Sylvia Tsang Management Software Solutions, Inc. stsang@mgmtsoftware.com

Hi Sylvia - the easiest way would of course be to change the copytext in the OnAfterGetRecord for the first Integer dataItem of the report, but then the text will appear on he header… It should not be difficult to, for example, add a pagefooter which contains a textvariable also set in the aforementioned trigger where the Copytext is set. (I have not tried it out, but it should work)

Sylvia, John is right that all you really need to do is look at the CopyText variable and set its value based on the copy number. Most of the code is already in the report, but you will need to add a bit more code (not too difficult) to do what you want. The existing code only looks at whether or not the current copy is Copy 1 or if it is greater than Copy 1 (ie copy 2, 3, 4, etc.). You will need to put some code in that looks for the actual copy number and then changes the text based on the copy. This could be done with either a “CASE” statement (what I would do) or several “IF” statements. You probably don’t need to add another footer to the report. I would just move the CopyText field (currently in the header) to the existing footer. I’ve done this for several clients in the past. If you need some assistance, drop me a line. Regards, Mark. Mark Keener Automated Number Crunching Dayton, OH USA

John and Mark, Thank you very much for the assistance. I finally got 4 copies printed out. Sincerely, Sylvia Tsang Management Software Solutions, Inc. stsang@mgmtsoftware.com