How to Linkup Organization Hierarchy and Financial Dimensions in Ax

Hai Everyone.

I’ve created Organization Hierarchy for My Test Company. Assume like X company Has three departments i.e Procurement, Production, Sales&Distribution… How Do We link these things with Accounting Structure and Financial Dimensions??? How do we configure these things in ax???

Thanks In Advance

Paramesh.M

You want to use departments as a financial dimension in AX 2012, correct?

Go to General ledger > Setup > Financial dimensions > Financial dimensions, create a new dimension and set Use values from to Departments.

Is There Any Link Between Organization Hierarchy and Financial Dimensions???

Dear Paramesh,

there is two type of dimension predefined in the system and custom.

if you have created custom then you cannot link in the organization hierarchy but if you are using default like department, cost center etc then you can link in the organization hierarchy.

what is your main purpose to do this can you explain in brief so you can get correct solution for your problem.

My Question Is I’ve created Frontech Company, Organization Hierarchy is Follows Like this. Under that Procurement, Production, And Sales are Departments… Again these 3 Departments Has its own Functional Areas… Now I’ve created Financial Dimensions For these 3Departments but I don’t Know How to link these financial dimensions with Organizational Hierarchy… Can u plz Solve this Problem.

Thanks in advance.

What exactly do you mean by a link? What should it do?

What is the problem Paramesh? Are you not able to link them in your organizational hierarchy through Edit=> Insert=> Department?

HI, Parmesh,

You don’t need to create financial dimension for department.

one you will create department in organisation. it will automatic link with department. just select dimension type department while creating dimension for department.