How to apply Misc Charges

it is sooo helpful

Hi Sarathy ,

Thanks for your explanation.

Please clarify my doubt about the Misc.Charges at header level and Line level.

If i attach the Misc. Charge code at Purchase order header level , Does it will effect the vendor account also , If yes

a) which vendor account

b) what would be offset account

If i attacht the Misc.Charge code at Purchase order line level

a) what would be Debit account

b) what would be credit account.

Take an example with values and request you to post the answer.

Yes it will effect vendor account, when we select Misc.Charges at header pane.

1Q. Which Vendor A/c …?

Ans: The Vendor account on whom you will raise a PO.

2Q. What would be offset account?

Ans: The account which you will mention it in Misc.Charge code form (AP>Setup> Misc.Charge> Misc.Charge Code> Posting (tab)).

3Q: If i attach the Misc.Charge code at Purchase order line level ???

Ans: You attach Misc.Charge code at PO Header level or at Line level … the Calculation process will remains same. End of the day the charges will be applied and bared by either Vendor or by you… this will depend upon the setups which we do at Misc.Charge code form, this setup will depend upon the agreements done between your company and Vendor.

Example: Your expecting some materials from vendor through Transport (Truck) and committed that you will bare the Transport fee… Then we will setup the Misc.charge code like this:

1. Goto > Misc.Charge code form ; 2. Select the Code (ex: 10) and describe as Transport fee; 3. Goto > Posting (tab) ;

2. At Debit section, Select Debit Type as : Ledger a/c … Debit Posting as : Trans fee … Debit A/C as xxxxxx (Chart of Accounts);

3. At Credit section (below), Select Credit Type as : Customer/ vendor and leave Credit posting and Credit account as EMPTY.

4. SAVE

Now come back to PO, you specify Misc.Charge at header or lines pane. … Once you open this Misc.Charge form in PO (Setup button> Misc.Charge) … select the Code which we have created above (ex: 10) and select the category (Fixed, Percentage,Pcs) … select main or lines and save it. … if you have selected Fixed category and taken 1000 as amount (example). Say for example: If PO net amount is 10000. When you invoice PO… Total amount will come as 11000. this includes 1000 Misc.Charge amount and this can we viewed at bottom of Invoice print… OR if you want to check Misc.Charge got added to PO before invoice… then Click on Inquiries button> select TOTAL. It will show you Net amount as well as Misc.Charge amount.

I Hope i have clarified your doubts.

Sarathy