How Navision sends mail

Well i have a Query ,Can anyone please help me out. Well i am working on Service Management.When i setup the Service management then i assigned a email id lets say naushad@infovergix to whom the first warning will go. now navision uses the outlook that is installed on the client to send the mail to the person which is specified in the setup. but if the outlook is not configured then the mail is not send. but in navision orders email queue is telling that the mail is send successfully. now my question is that. 1. is navision sends mail only if outlook is configured at client?? Please tell me.

i dont think that it depends on outlook or something. all you have to do is to install a mail client with MAPI support i.e. Outlook, The Bat! or something like that. if any MAPI handler is installed, navision will send the mail through it. i guess.

thanks Tom let me go and try this…

try the following link… http://www.nowecor.de/users/stephan/index.php?page=navision/gnupgocx.htm and download the smtp ocx which you can easily use. It is sending the emails without the email client. Beside the documentation provided with the control itself, try searching this forum, as there are many threads that in which the features of the control sre discussed. [;)] rgds