formatting a text written in a string type field in AX 2012?

Is it possible in AX 2012 to find a particular word/words written in a string type field in AX 2012 table or form based on mouse selection. e.g, I have a field named Memo in my table named test. In that field I have a written a text as:

Hello, We need to confirm you that your < mobileNumber > is successfully attached with your account no. < Account >.

Now, if I open a form and select(highlight) a text mobileNumber written in text field using a mouse. Is it possible to do a formatting for the selected word(mobilenumber). I need to clarify that, by formatting I mean to modify the display style of that text(e.g, BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE etc.)

OR, Can I add a text field which have all the formatting options available similar as in below figure. enter image description here

Hello Saddaf,

Please find the attached link, may be it helps you.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1680877/axapta-edit-form-field-values

Thanks & Regards

Raj…

Thanks for replying.But i don’t need to edit the text. Actually I need to format the text…Please read the question again

Hi Saddaf,

I don’t think that it is possible, you can format the text from the property window of the particular field in form, but by mouse selecting i am not sure.

Thanks

Raj…

I have researched a lot and actually found a solution. Yes, it is true that we cannot add RichTextBox directly as a control in forms for AX2012 But it can be acheived using class named

"SysInetHTMLEditor"

Just run the above class and see the magic as enter image description here

It is a separate form in AX 2012, to add richtextbox and controls we can use some mmethods written in SysInetHTMLEditor class.

Great Job Saddaf

Rajveer

You could also use managed form controls (WinForms, WPF) - see my blog post for an example.

Nevertheless if you want to save the formatted text to database, using HTML may be really the best way.

Hi Martin

When i try to open your blog I get an error, “Malware warningt, the content is blocked according to company policy”

Is there another way of getting hold of it?

Best regards

Palle

I’m not aware of any problem with the blog, so I suspect it’s a problem with your company policy. Try a proxy or do it from home. Note that there was recently a problem with false positives by ESET; if it’s used by your company, make sure you have latest updates.

Please send me a direct message if you it doesn’t help; we’re off-topic in this thread.