FORMAT <1000Character,.>

Hello Fellows!! I am getting mad with the FORMAT Attributes…again. In the C/SIDE Reference there are some nice examples: <1000Character,.> But they don’t work. decPreis := 1234567.89; MESSAGE (FORMAT(decPreis,0,’<1000Character,><Comma,>’)); MESSAGE (FORMAT(decPreis,0,’<1000Character,.><Comma,>’)); both Results are: 1.234.567,89 Because I used <1000Character,> I expected the 1000Character to a Comma but I still have a Point. What did I do wrong? Thanks in Advance Marc

[:)] Try this one:

MESSAGE (FORMAT(decPreis,0,'<Integer Thousand><1000Character,,><Decimals><Comma,,>'));

Regards, Jörg

Jörg, would you please care to explain just why your solution works? [:p] The only difference I can see is the order of the attributes - and yours is different from the quoted C/SIDE example…

[:D] Hi Heinz! I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY THIS WORKS !!! I just tried it … [;)]

Hi Joerg, thank you for the hint. Sometimes Navision is real strange![:0] But now it works. Greetings from Cologne Marc

quote:

Originally posted by xorph
Jörg, would you please care to explain just why your solution works? [:p] The only difference I can see is the order of the attributes - and yours is different from the quoted C/SIDE example…

IMHO Navision takes all the code behind the and tries to format the right-of-comma positions. If there is a <1000Character,> behind this point it will be ignored. Andre