Fiscal Years & Calendars confusion

Hi All ,

We are implementing MS Dynamics AX 2012 R2 to 4 companies which are located in USA , IND , AUS, SGP in one database . Main server located in SGP ( Singapore) . All 4 companies have the Sames fiscal calendar , but have 4 different fiscal years( Financial Years). I need to upload the opening balances from JAN -2009 to all 4 companies.

Fiscal Calendar :

a) My Question is how many Fiscal calendar needs to be created ?

b) What should be the name I need to give for the fiscal calender ?

c) From which year on wards I need to create the Fiscal Calendar ?

d) Do i need to create the Fiscal Calendar every year ?

Fiscal year :

d) How many Fiscal years need to be created ?

e) What should be the name I need to give for the Fiscal Year ?

f) From which year on wards I need to create the Fiscal Year ?

I hope most of pioneers had already implemented the above scenerios . So I need to your suggestion , if possible please share the screenshots .

I am getting confuse how many fiscal calendars and fiscal years need to be created .

Thanks in advance.

Any inputs from pioneers ?

I think less than 24 hours over a weekend would be considered impatient [:D]

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh242909.aspx

Hi Adam ,

I have gone through the link and it does not help me .

I need to create the Fiscal calendar & Fiscal year in AX 2012 as mentioned below for the IND and SGP companies.

Fiscal Calendar Fiscal Year

JAN - DEC 2009 APR 08 - DEC 2009

JAN - DEC 2010 APR 09 - DEC 2010

JAN - DEC 2011 APR 10 - DEC 2011

JAN - DEC 2012 APR 11 - DEC 2012

JAN - DEC 2013 APR 12 - DEC 2013

I think the above mentioned is not possible in AX 2012.

AX does not support the creation of Fiscal Calendar as mentioned above , it only allows to create the Fiscal Year.

Only One Fiscal Calendar can be created Like JAN - DEC and under this i can create the Fiscal Years as mentioned above.

Then what is the Point of Fiscal Calendar functionality ?

Why can not create the Fiscal Calendars and years as mentioned above?

Thanks in advance.

Fiscal calendar is AX is used for creating financial years. It’s like a calendar with years in it. Fiscal calendar is shared accross entities and attached on ledger setup. In the fiscal year, you can create a year with start and end date and next fiscal year starts date is auto suggested by system. To answer your questions:

Fiscal Calendar:

a) It depends on the pattern of fiscal year. India and US fiscal year differs as fiscal starts on 4/1 in India whereas it is 1/1 in US. So you can see different start dates. You need to create calendars which has separate date patterns.

b) You can give any meaningful name like JanFiscal for US and MARCHFiscal for Indian and SGP.

c) From the year on which you will be posting transactions. I believe it will be 2009 in your case. Just remember that once you create a fiscal year and post transactions, system won’t allow you to create prior years.

d) Fiscal calendar needs to be created only once and attached to ledger setup. You need to create fiscal years in calendar.

Fiscal Calendar:

d) As explained above, it depends on transactions.

e) I will suggest to give fiscal year name like 2009 in case of US and 2009-10 for India.

f) Start with 2009 as this will be transaction posting year.

Pranav…

Good explanation Pranav.