File --> Database --> New ---Make it Go Away

Help! Does anyone know how to remove the option that allows users to create new databases? It does not seem to matter what rights that the user has, he always has this option. At least in 3.10B (3.6 execs) Native DB. Inside the System object permissions there are no entries for these options, which I would assume are in the missing number sequence between System object 1340 - File, Export, Text System object 1530 - File, Database, Test Ok, so normally it would not matter if someone created a local db. But if you are running on Citrix and that local db is created on your citrix sever then its trouble for everyone.[:(!][}:)][}:)][}:)][:(!] I have tried several reg hacks for limiting drive letters and remapping client drives for the users’ citrix profiles. I have been able to limit the ability to create a database on the server. If the user types the db name and no path it is created on our server. If the user new the citrix servers drive letters (they are remapped to strange letters but there is still only a few possiblities). Otherwise the c drive and so on are user mapped drives and the db will be created local. Anyone have any ideas from inside Navision? Thanks in advance for your help. Owen

question in other direction … why do your users create databases???

That is my point. They shouldn’t. They, hopefully, won’t but I would like some assurance that our citrix server doesn’t crash or slow to a crawl because of a malicious or mischievous user. I would rather not wait until it is exploited to fix this issue. Any user should not be able to create a database by default.

Can’t you control it with standard windows Access Control Lists on the Citrix machine, preventing the file creation right?