Error on Inventory closing

Hello,

I am seeing the following error from AX 2009 when trying to do Inventory closing for month.

“Account number for transaction type Production issue does not exist.”

After review of the item that is causing the system to error out, here is what I found. The item group that is assigned to this particular item did not have any account information for Issue, Issue Offset, Picking list & Picking list offset account for Production Tab.

Somehow, the item is being used in production. Production order is reported as finished & Ended. However, during closing, I am suspecting when the item is getting settled for FIFO costing, the closing batch is looking at the Costing - Issue and Issue offset account field entry and does not find value.

My question to all of you here is since the item already has transactions posted, and it does not let the company’s controller to close the book for the month, becuse of this one item with the above error, what are the options?

Any suggestion would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I would suspect that someone set this item up in an item group which has GL accounts setup. Are these accounts correct???

Then for some reason he changed the item group of that item to a group which doesn’t have GL accounts. Not sure that this change is good or bad since the group doesn’t have Production Costing accounts.

This would be comples to find out what was right and what was wrong. There are a few things you can try:

1. If there is a discrapency between subledger and GL. You can see this from GL reports, run the reconciliation report.
  2. You may want to do adjustment on on-hand or transactions of the item after running Inventory close.

Thanks for your thought Khue. What exactly had happend is the item that had group without production posting GL accounts were used in Production and the production order was ended. Not sure how AX lets production order to be ended if one of the BOM line item is missing the GL account for production posting…but it did ended.

However, at the Inventory closing time I am suspecting the system is requiring the GL account for production issue account. Even after we assigned the GL account to the issue, we were still getting the above error.

Can you:

1. Trace back the voucher transactions of the picking list & costing of the production order to see which accounts were used? Are they the same as your current production issue accounts in item group setup?
  2. Are you able to close the inventory? Or the error stopped the inventory close job?

Thanks.

Khue,

I think the issue here is when the production order was ended - one of the BOM line item was service item we call it outsourced service purchased and the item group for this item did not have any production posting GL accounts for Items in process and Costing but only for Purchase order. The production order was ended with no problem.

Now when we try perform the inventory close, the error is stoping the inventory close. I have now added the GL accounts for Issue and Items in process groups, then tried to recalc, the problem still persists.

Please let me know if you find the work arround to this.

Thanks,

Hi,

Can you check at table inventtransposting, search for suspect items that do not have ledger account specify for transaction type “Production issue”

Should have some records do not have completed GL code in this table. You can manual specify GL code in this table also. And run inventory closing process again.

hope this information can help.