Error Message "Not on Inventory"

Help,

I am on Navision 3.7 and I am trying to post a Transfer Order and I keep getting the following error message.

“Item 29555 is not an inventory item”

The Item number is new I completed the Item Card as others were completed.

Thank you I need to get these items posted so please if someone could help me.

Yanis

Was this created as a Non-Stock Item?

???

subj: msg = “Not ON Inventory”, but in body: msg = “…not AN Inventory Item”

Which is the correct msg text you are asking about?

Text in subject makes sense, and should mean you’re trying to transfer from location, where there is no Item available, but even this is a non-standart Navision, in standart you should get a warning form you’re creating negative stock and asking to allow it or not.

The msg you quote in body text has no meaning at all, as Navision doesn’t have non-Inventory Items (it has NonStock items, but these you can not even add to TO)

So, either you asked your question errorenously, or your system is heavily modified, in that case ask for help from Partner, who did the modifications.

The message “Item 29555 is not on inventory”.

Our partner rep is no longer in business we tried another rep but the owner did not want to upgrade so we have not received anymore assistance.

Then its the first case I suggested.

It’s a rather common request to do such modification, that does not allow you to create negative stock, as standart Navision only warns about it - or does not even warn, depends on setup.

Check for Item 29555 availability in transfer-from Location.

7776.Error.bmp (173 KB)

The Transfer-From Location is insufficient (may even be zero in quantity) as to what you would like to transfer. If there are some pending PO for receipt of that particular location, post and receive them first.