Document Printing

I am curious what other NSCs are using to print invoices, po’s, etc. Are you using just the standard reports with Navision? Doing them on pre-printed forms. Or is there some sort of formating add-on to “beautify” the sales invoices so that pre-printed forms are not needed. Thanks Doug Sluder Computernetworkx

Hello, This depends entirely on the client’s requirements. In some cases, the customer will just use the standard Navision report formats, in others we have re-arranged the layouts to match pre-printed stationary/forms. Again, there are others who have their entire layout on the Navision report, including lines, boxes, company logo etc. to print on plain paper. This last option can be very time consuming to get it exactly right. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any tool to beautify Navision reports. All this has to be achieved using the Navision report writer/design tool. Hope this is of help! -------------------------------- Edward Bloomfield Navision Support Consultant Cambridge Online Systems Limited www.cambridgeonline.net Edited by - EBloom on 2002 Apr 30 18:00:42

Hello, we are mainly customizing these kind of documents to be printed on “complicated” pre-printed forms because of strict legal requirements in Columbia regarding invoice numbering and security measures to prevent the misuse of oficial documents (like invoices, purchase orders, etc.). In other cases, we adapt the standard Navision documents at least to the companies oficial stationary because usually the logo etc. are in colour and printing is done quicker and cheaper on a laserprinter in b/w. I have never met any company who would use the “as it comes” Navision sales documents. In any case the posibilities of the report design are limited to the posibilities of C/SIDE and I have not heard of any special formatting tool… Well, if you have a lot of spare time you might think to export the invoice data to Word via Word Automation which will give you a blown up “formatting environment” but I think it’s not worth the effort… Saludos Nils

I haven’t found a client that is very excited about the pre-printed documents either. There is a tool out there to help with this, but I am having some problems with it, that so far, the company who created the software has not been able to get resolved. In case anyone is interested in finding out more about the product (Navision does have them listed as an alliance partner), their website is: www.fabsoft.com and the product is Reform. It is pretty neat (when it works). It takes the navision document and overlays a layout for it then prints it. Doug Sluder Computernetworkx