Do not have permission to create the XMLport

Hi guys,

I’m trying to create a new XMLport, but get the error message “do not have permission to create the XMLport”.

Could this be because of licensing?

0027.Permission.PNG

Welcome to DUG

You can create a List page using wizard with License Permission table and check whether your license has permissions or not.

Hi,

Thanx, I’ve downloaded the style sheet tool and extracted it which gives me this file “SST2013.fob”, but I have no idea how to use it. I am very new to the NAV system. Can someone please point me into the right direction? Or maybe post me a link which shows me step by step how it is done?

Thank you

Hi Stefan,

Welcome to the user group! [:)]

It’s most likely the license yes. But do you have an actual end-user or partner license, or only the demo license that came with the product dvd?

If you only have the demo license, then you cannot create new objects and you cannot import or runn the style sheet tool.

Hi Erik,

I’ve attached a picture to show the basic details of the current license.

Can you please tell me if I would be able to create XMLPorts? Or do you need more info?0652.Capture.PNG

HI Stefan,

This is a “normal” end-user license. And yes you should be able to create XMLPorts. But the question is which object numbers have been assigned. If you haven’t specified this to your partner, then they are normally in the range of no. 50000 to 50099. So try to give your xmlport a number in this range.

If this doesn’t work, then call your partner and ask for the “Permission Report Detailed.txt” file. This will show you exactly which object numbers have been assigned to your license.

Wow, it worked!!

Thank you so much!!! [:D]

I inserted the wrong ID, thats why…

Hi,

The XMLports work fine now, but when I try to create a codeunit I get an error?

Is this also an ID thing?5736.Capture.PNG

Hi Erik,

Could you maybe assist me with the above issue as soon as you have time.

Thank you very much.

Hi Stefan,

You need the “Application Builder” granule in your license to create or edit codeunits. And the “Solution Developer” to edit any of the existing protected codeunits (and tables). These “granules” are included in the Partner licenses, but must be purchased for end-user licenses. And for end-user licenses you also need to purchase the individual codeunit object numbers you want to create.

Hi Erik,

Thank you for the reply.

How will I go about buying the “Application Builder”.

Is it just a separate module I have to purchase?

Do you maybe know which license I have to purchase in order to use the application builder?

Thank you

Hi Stefan,

You need to contact your partner to buy it. It’s an additional “module” to your current end-user license. But don’t be scared when they give you the price for this “granule”, as it is quite expensive!

Have a great weekend.

Lol, okay cool

Thanx alot Erik.

Great weekend for you to :slight_smile: