Disconnected User Session in AX2.5 sp3

Hi,

My company using AX 2.5, I have trouble by dead user session (>24 hrs) happens when user’s pc crash or network disconnect. The dead user session consume my users liscense and can’t kill by end session funtion or Xsession.terimate(). Curretnly I restart AOS if too many dead session exists. If there has any better solution than restarting the AOS? Thx in advance

Bgds
Wilson

Hi Wilson,

AFAIK there are no better solution other than restarting AOS. You might want to consider setting up batch job for stopping/restarting AOS on a daily basis when no users are connected.

You can do this by creating two batch files (.bat) with the following commands and scheduling them one after another.

In file 1 -
net stop “Axapta Object Server”

In file 2-
net start “Axapta Object Server”

Once created then you can schedule these files via Windows Scheduled Tasks (Start → All Programs → Accessories → System Tools)

Hope this helps.

Thx for reply Harish

I heard that AOS would cache the most frequency used object/data, therefore if I restart AOS by a schedule task would make the cache less effective, is it true?

Btw by sending a online message to the “dead” session can removed the dead session from the online list and release the consumed license. I have tested this method can kill a dead session idled for up to 1.5 hours. (>24hrs idled session cannot kill by this method). I am now planning to write a simple job to send message to user idled longer than 1.5 hours and run it by Axapta batch. Any comment about this solution? The only drawback is the user really idles for 1.5 hours + will receive up to 3 pop up message.

Hi Wilson,

Honestly I am not very keen taking that route. Perhaps if you haven’t already done so you might want to set up say 45 minutes or so in ‘Automatic shutdown’ field (available under Tools → Options → General tab).

As far as the AOS please note that at 00.00 hours the data cache would be flushed. This is by default. I am not sure whether this happens in ver 2.5 as well. To confirm perhaps you might want to check the Event Viewer in the AOS server.

Hope this helps.