Delletion of Production Order with associated Ledger Entries.

Hi,

One of our Customer would like to cancel and delete a Production Order against which certain consumption and output postings have been carried out. However, all the consumption and output entries have been reversed.

Is there any standard functionality to delete or a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

The standard way to do this is to finish the production order and reverse the entries from it. You cannot simply delete a production order with recorded entries due to the information already captured.

I’ve done this before. Not in NAV way, but in SQL way,because in our case the Production Order Has been posted and Finsished and Affect the G/L warehourse.

It is a difficult job,depends on where you you have been processed. In my cas, there are 31 table in the background was affected. I can give you the list of tables:

1. G_L Entry]
  2. G_L Register]
  3. Vendor Ledger Entry]
  4. Posted Approval Entry]
  5. Value Entry]
  6. Warehouse Entry]
  7. Posted Whse_ Receipt Line]
  8. Posted Whse_ Receipt Header]
  9. Purch_ Inv_ Line]
  10. Purch_ Inv_ Header]
  11. Purch_ Rcpt_ Line]
  12. Purch_ Rcpt_ Header]
  13. Item Ledger Entry]
  14. Capacity Ledger Entry]
  15. Production Document Dimension]
  16. Prod_ Order Routing Line]
  17. Prod_ Order Line]
  18. Prod_ Order Component]
  19. Production Order]
  20. Item Register]
  21. Item Entry Relation]
  22. G_L - Item Ledger Relation]
  23. Handled IC Outbox Purch_ Hdr]
  24. Handled IC Outbox Purch_ Line]
  25. Handled IC Outbox Trans_]
  26. Warehouse Activity Header]
  27. Warehouse Activity Line]
  28. Detailed Vendor Ledg_ Entry]
  29. Item Application Entry]
  30. G_L - Item Ledger Relation]
  31. G_L Register]

Before you do this backup your database, to it in the test enivorment

[;)]

Please tell us that you just didn’t go in thru SQL and delete the data from those tables. If you did then someone needs to haul you to the “woodshed” and then keep you away from NAV until you learn some basic accounting principals. This is not the NAV way. It is THE WAY.

I’m sorry to say Yes, I did that through SQL, 'cause I’m a DBA and softerware developper(Not NAV)!

I do have no idea of accounting. but the thing is at that moment We had a wrong Production order(Totally wrong) and entered to our system accidently(it should in test but someone put in to production) and posted finished and affected the other tables everywhere.

I’m happy with someone could tell me how to blow these bad info away from our database by using NAV way. But there was no ansower at that time.

If you can let me know how to do this in NAV WAY. I’m very happy 'cause it was really a difficult job and took me a lot time

Thanks

See Adam’s comment above. You never delete posted transactions from an accounting system.

in total agreement with previous post.

Never delete entries from the system.

As suggested by Adam - complete the transaction and reverse the posting.

The exact nature of that (reverse) posting is determined by the BOM and routing of the production part / parent.

WOW this is unbelievable.

8>< ------

I have just deleted my more detailed reply, since I think it would upset you.

In summary though you should not be working in this industry.

Just my words!

Never delete posted entries in an accounting system manually, neither from inside or outside the system.

It’s not only illigal, but you will mess up the entire integrity of the system.

It looks like I was dangrous:P I was before,'cause at that time I and my manage didn’t realize how serious it is, when we did delete the first record from DB, we knew that, but no way to reverse, we had to go on. Luckly we fininaly clear all the thing relate to that production order.