DAX 2009 Return order before Invoice

Whats the correct way to handle returned items by my customers when the invoice hasnt been processed yet?

If I try the function create creditnote I can only select items wich has already been invoiced.

I do not want to create seperate credit notes.

It really depends what you “want” to do, however from your statement I would guess putting the amount in the deliver now as a negative and processing would suffice. If you want documentation however this is not enough, you need to load return orders, go through arrivals, create the credit and also invoice the shipment and apply the two. Whether you issue the credit and invoice to the customer it is up to you, but it just depends upon what you actually want to do.

I think your method works fine. I dont need further documentation as it is all related to the sales packing slip.

Thanks!.

Hello,

I have an item wich I sell per carton (12 bottles). one carton cost 20$.

In the salesorder I placed 2 cartons x 20$ and booked the packing slip.

Now the customer returns me 1 carton.

At now delivered i put -1 and then book the new packing slip with quantity on now delivered.

If i try to book the invoice and I select quantity : packing slip, it gives me -10 x 20$ = -200$!
If i select quantiy : all it gives me the right amount, 1 x 20$.

I am very worried, how is this possible?! And more important, how can I secure this so co-workers cannot make this same mistake.