CST amount is added in Costing

Hello All,

I have face the strange kind of problem, when i make the PO and take tax as CST than in my item ledger entry my total amount take hit cost amt + cst tax amt .

for example

i have the PO for item 1 whose base amt is INR 100 , now i apply CST tax on it which is 5% , now tax amout is INR 5.

Now what is going to happen in my item ledger entry my cost will take the hit of INR 105 which is wrong, he should take the cost of INR 100 instead of INR 105

Can any one idea from where system take wrong amt for cost.

regards,

Shailesh

CST Always loaded on Inventory .

Amol can you little explain this , means what ever the system is doing is right or worng

and if i want rectify it .

System is doing correctly

In case of CST during purchase , the CST will auto loaded on the item(Inventory). While VAT will be taken
as input and can be claim against VAT output.

How about the return ,how can handle it , now i have a case PO, here my dca and purchase has difference of INR 525.

I have made 1 PO and have purchase Item 1 for two different location , one for mumbai and other gujrat and ima doing the purchase form Mumbai location.

Now cost of both are same 10500 one location can take CST Mah and other take VAT Mah, now the costing hit like this for gujrat INR 11025 and for mumbai INR 10500,

now when i make the retun of this there it shows the difference INR 525 in DCA and Purchase. he return the item1 for the Guj location. so my question is this why this difference is coming.

Regards,

Shailesh

Is Exact cost reversing is ticked on Setup ??

No, its not tick , what is the advantage of ticking the Exact cost reversing in Setup.

Is Load on Inventory ticked in the Sales Tax Structure.

No its not tick in structure .

A check mark in Exact cost reversing indicates that the program will not allow a return transaction to be posted unless the Appl.-from Item Entry field on the sales order line contains an entry.

This function is used when the company wants to apply an exact cost reversing policy in connection with sales returns. This means that the sales return is valued at exactly the same cost as the original sale when being put back on inventory. If an additional cost is later added to the original sale, the program updates the value of the sales return respectively

As well as Tick on Load on Inventory in Structure u are using for CST Transactions.

System is behaving correctly. CST amount is not recoverable and therefore it should be loaded on Inventory.