"county" field in machine center table

Dear All, I am very afraid about the field ID 83 of table ID 99000758 machine center, the name of the field is wrong, it’s written there “County” but it should be “country”. I don’t know how to correct it entirely in the system, if I correct the table, what will be the influence next, I can’t foresee. Rgds, mark

Why do you think it should be Country? The country is represened in field 84 “Country Code” County is a field that exists in every table that contains address information.

Hi, I think it is a country because I’ve seen it also my customer card that is field “County/Country Code”, so I am sure it is actually country but bot County, although it’s a text type but the caption name is basically wrong. It will lead to a misinterpretation from someone that new to Navision. How to change it globally ? rgds,

Is there customisation done in your database? The county field has nothing to do directly with the country code. Most countries are devided in several counties. This is what the field can be used for. If you think it is a bug in Navision you need to report it to MBS.

Hi Mark, I am very thankful for your explanation, it won’t be a bug and indeed, in some countries use counties and I knew now… rgds,

There are some localized versions where the County field has been changed (at least the caption) to show Province (like Canada) or State (like US). This field is mostly just used for informational purposes and has no (at least should not) have any impact on the functionality of Navision, except that it might be used for formatting addresses properly.

There are even a couple of country version that relate Post Code / County / Country, like the spanish localized version, but in fact it’s just for information purposes. All this doesn’t affect the funcionality or correct functioning of Navision - can’t even imagine why this field got put into the machine center table. These fields aren’t even visible on the form… Saludos Nils