Configure work time for employee?

Hi All,

I would like to know where to specify the work time for the employee, e.g on saturday from 8 am to 4 pm, sunday from 8 am to 3 pm and so on.

regards,

Hani

Try the calendar on the setup tab of the employee.

Thanks adam for the reply, but still even if specify a clendar for an employee, still getting the same value in the absence status report showing that Potential whole day’s work for an employee from 1/1/2009 till 31/12/2009 is 260.7 days. any more help adam ?

regards,

Hani

Perhaps if you explain what you are actually trying to do, what you have done and what the problem is then I maybe able to better help you.

Ok adam, Am going to setup the absence functionality in HRM module, I created the employee,job and position . My last step is to use the functionality of the absence.

In my configuration I need the working time for the employee to be 8 am till 4 pm from Sunday to Thursday. Also, I would like to know in case if there a chance to specify the holidays manually.

I did the absence functionality and it showing to me that if employee start working from 1/1/2009 to 31/12/2009 so the potential work’s days is 260, from where I can specify this calculation of the work times.

regards,

Hani

So what have you setup? Absence groups? Absence codes? Defined the absence setup? Created an absence journal?

AX does not consider working times in HR a real relevance - it does not want you to record absence form 8-9, you record an absence of 1 hour instead. There is no benefit in HR of knowing the time, the working times here are purely for information and do nothing else. As you have said yourself, you have 260 working days, the concept really remains in working days.