Compiler Errors in Standard 4.0 SP1

Has anyone discovered compiler errors in Navision 4.0 Service Pack 1. I am in the middle of upgrading from 2.60 to 4.0 SP1 and have to compile all objects. On doing so I got compiler errors but mostly the following ‘Could Not Load Selected Type Library’. This happened in Tables, a Report and 19 CodeUnits, for example, table 5062, Report 5192 and CodeUnit 5064. I tried compiling table 5062 in a standard ‘off the CD’ system and got the same error. Anyone know what this error means and has anyone found the same problem. Thanks

this will probably just mean that you do not have the necessary dll’s or ocx’s etc on the machine that you are compiling on! If the object is already marked as compiled then this should not cause any real issue. If you have to make changes in that object then you will need the apropriate libaries (dll’s etc)

Hi Andrew, thanks for that. Yes the objects are marked as compiled, I was just concerened that these compiler errors might have a ‘knock-on effect’ later in the conversion process. I will carry on with the upgrade in which case. Once again, thanks for the help.

Most of the DLLs are generally Microsoft Office DLLs. It is generally recommended that you have Ofice (Word and utlook at least) installed on your development machines.

Hi David, good to hear from you again. I have both Office and Outlook on this laptop so I’m not sure why the errors are occurring. I have continued with the upgrade regardless although I’m having a few problems with the 2.60 but thats another story. Thanks for your help…Paul

Then the problem is that the Office DLLs are not registered in 4.00. You can easily register them, BUT you have to know which ones are not registered, and that is complex. Well not complex, but time consuming, since there are a few of them. Basically you will need a computer where they are registered, to find the IDs from, Google, and a bit of patience. Alternatively, you can try to uninstall and reinstall 400, that used to work in 3.70, though only some times.

Hi David, I think I might know why the dll’s and ocx’s are not there. When I installed 4.0 SP1 on this laptop I installed the minimum which meant that the likes of Outlook Integration, MDAC, and .net frame work etc were skipped. Do you think this could be the reason. If so when I install on the client site to do the upgrade for real I will make sure that I install most things apart from the likes of MDAC which they dont need. What do you think???..Paul

quote:

I think I might know why the dll’s and ocx’s are not there

That’s exactly the reason, there are even other dll and ocx that come with most of the e-commerce stuff (commerce portal, biz talk…) that will result that the 99.0085xxx codeunits won’t compile. The objects you mention are missing the exchange and outlook integration components… If you don’t use this functionality, there is no reason to install these components from the installation cd on each client. Unless you call the object, Navision will not raise any error, therefore no need to worry about these kind of compilation errors… [;)] Saludos Nils

Brilliant, thanks Nils. You are absolutely correct, 99 percent of the compile errors were in the 99005*** range. I will make sure that when I do the upgrade for real I will install almost everything. Thanks very much for comfirming my thoughts…Paul

Thnaks to both of you, that’s very usefull information, and fits well with my situation, since the last time it happened to me, Ihad infact done only a part install of Navision.

Hi David, glad we can help, thats the great thing about this forum, we all learn from each others knowledge/mistakes. I would be really stuck without the help that you, Nils, Thomas and others have given me. Keep you the good work…Paul