Compare layers

hi all,

i moved my all the usr layer objects to Var layer,

now i want to conform that all the usr layer objects and code moved properly

so tat i used compare layer option,

but am not able to get an idea how its work.

can anyone explain me how its works???

thanx in advance

The compare tool is basically used to find the changes between any two layers(you can even move the changes).

In your case as you moved all the changes from usr to var and you want to verify it which basically don’t need a compare tool

If you have many objects try to make project with filters to show the objects in usr layer(if everything is moved to var the project should not hold any objects). you can also make project from the model(this is for ax 2012)

If you want to check for a particular object , set the Application Object Layer to Show all layers from tools → options → development, now the object will show all the layers where it undergone modifications…

hi kranthi,

my doubt is will it select the common objects between usr layer and var layer or un common object will it select???

thanx for ur reply

Hi Arun,

According to me if you are in VAR layer then the objects in VAR layer will be used not the objects in USR layer.

If you are in USR layer then all objects will be used.

Hi britto,

wht i want is,

suppose after moving the usr layer objects to var layer,

i need to check both usr layer and var layer objects or same or not

thanx for ur reply

The object will not have same changes between the layer(after moving the changes to VAR you need to delete the object in USR if it still exists)

Have you looked into my suggestion?

The object definition in the higher layer will be considered irrespective of the layer you are logged into.