Combine Shipment Feature - stupid question

Hi. Maybe I’m making a fool of myself in a worldwide forum [:I]. In Navision Attain Overview 3.60 manual I noticed the following statement - “It is also possible to combine the shipments of several orders into one large shipment using the Combine Shipments Feature”. The statement appears in the Sales & Receivables chapter, not in the Warehouse Management one, so logic would suggest that the abovesaid feature belongs to S&R area … Where is it? Am I missing something? [?] Anna

Hello Anna, “Combine Shipments” will run through all your posted Sales Shipments and create a consolidated Sales Invoice, so you can have multiple sales shipments from multiple sales orders, but then just send the customer one invoice at the end of the month. This is a Sales Ledger feature, and not a Warehouse Management one. Combined Shipments is found (In the W1/UK) version under: Sales & Receivables → Periodic Activities → Combine Shipments Hope this is of help!

quote:

Originally posted by EBloom
Hello Anna, “Combine Shipments” will run through all your posted Sales Shipments and create a consolidated Sales Invoice, so you can have multiple sales shipments from multiple sales orders, but then just send the customer one invoice at the end of the month. This is a Sales Ledger feature, and not a Warehouse Management one. Combined Shipments is found (In the W1/UK) version under: Sales & Receivables → Periodic Activities → Combine Shipments Hope this is of help!

Ah, that! [:)] I hoped I had discovered a feature to ship more than an order in a unique shipment. Silly me! [:o)] Thank you, you helped me to see the light. Anna

I have to agree, Anna, that they chose badly when they named the routine [}:)]. They should have called it “Create Consolidated Invoice” or something more meaningful. [:D]

quote:

Originally posted by EBloom
I have to agree, Anna, that they chose badly when they named the routine [}:)]. They should have called it “Create Consolidated Invoice” or something more meaningful. [:D]

In Italian it has been translated as if it were “Delayed Invoicing”, which is normal practice in Italy and quite meaningful for users. Manuals aren’t translated, of course … NSC employees must die! [:p] Anna