Close Account year

I have two issue on this.

It’s nearly two months into the new year and I have not done the close statement. The reason is that I do not want to close till the accounts are verified by auditors and it is possible they may require some accounting entries for the previous year to be done. I post entries dated 31/12/06 for 2006. Will it have any effect that I did not close on 31/12/06?

Also, unlike oracle which had 2 sequential numbers for 2006 and 2007 ( I could use 2006 seq. number to post 2006 gen.journal and 2007 seq. number to post 2007), the Navvision has only a single running seq. number. What is hapenning is that in 2007 serial numbers, i am having genl. journals for 2006 also ( I take 2 copies one in 2006 and one in 2007 to track the serial numbers) Is there any yearly sequential numbers set up, that automatically takes the number based on the posting date entered.

Thanks

Regards,

Sabu

All the series numbers are date based, you just need to set the closing date on one series, then create a new one witht he new date. Your partner should hae shown you all this during initial training.

Also note that you can close the year multiple times, so close it ASAP, then if the auditors make adjustments close again. this way you have one set of “Preliminary accounts” then later a set of "Adjusted Accounts’, and Navision will automatically track all Adjustment postings made, giving you a much better audit trail.

Thanks, I will do the close account ASAP.

ON the second answer, when I set the serial numbers by date, will the system take the old serial number if my posting date is 2006, but creation date is current 2007.

For eg. 1/1/06… 31/12/06 - 2006000001… 20069999999

1/1/07…31/12/07 - 2007000001…20079999999

If I create a journal today (18/3/07), but for a posting date 31/12/06, will the system take the serial number from the year 06 serial number. That is the issue. For the current date, I know it will take the 07 serial number.

Regards,

Sabu

Why not just try it out in your pplayground company.

I am the same person. For some strange reasons, my sabu account for this group was not opening and the password help repeatedly was also not useful in resetting my password. Best option was to create another.

I checked out but noticed that there is no end date for the serial number unlike in exchange variation. so, the solution could not be tested. Looks like they want a long and continuous number system.

Regards,

Sabu

Hi Sabu,

yes there is a problem with emails, that the ISP is working on. In the meantime, post under this name, and we can merge the two ids and all the posts later.

Anyway to the issue. Basically when you go to the number series, if you click on the button Series → Lines, then you will see all the series attached to this code. Here you should see the Starting Date field, where you specify when that series starts. I am pretty sure that this is in all local versions of Navision

Thanks I found that. But still it did not solve my problem of taking 06 series for genl. journal posting date of 31/12/06 and before and 07 series for genl.journal posting date of 1/1/07 and onwards.

What the system is doing is taking the system date and not the posting date in allocating the series number. So, eventhough I created 2 number lines one starting 1/1/06 and one starting 1/1/07, I expected the series number in the general journal to take 06 series number when I put the posting date as 31/12/06. But it takes the 07 series. So, the problem still remains.

Regards,

Sabu

BEFORE creating the new doc, just set the “Working date” to previous year - say, 31-12-2006. NAV then will take No Series from that year - at least it does in v4…

THANKS! That was the key - “Work date” . It works.

Hi Sabu,

the email recovery for passwords is now working properly. Please try now to recover your pasword. Once you have logged in, tell me which user ID you want keep and I will merge them both into one. you can send me an email at coadmin@dynamicsuser.net