Checkbox - caption´s position hard coded?

Moin: Is there a parameter giving me the choice displaying a checkbox´ caption left or right? Seems that the right positions is hard coded, isn´t it? Regards Alarich

Hi

quote:

Originally posted by Alarich
Moin: Is there a parameter giving me the choice displaying a checkbox´ caption left or right? Seems that the right positions is hard coded, isn´t it? Regards Alarich

IMHO caption on the right is a M$- standard (but not in Navision [:(]). So I have to move always the caption by mouse to the right. bye André

There’s no position parameter, but you can throw away the checkbox’s caption altogether and attach a simple label (as you would do with a textbox). This label can then be placed anywhere you want.

Click on a label of a check box, choose View → Font from menu and select text orientation from Font toolbar [;)]

Hi Heinz

quote:

Originally posted by xorph
There’s no position parameter, but you can throw away the checkbox’s caption altogether and attach a simple label (as you would do with a textbox). This label can then be placed anywhere you want.

Perhaps this is a stupid question but how can I get a caption without adding a label? I get only a pure CheckBox if I click on the CheckBox- button. bye André

Hi Andre, The checkbox supports a “built-in” caption, which can be controlled by the property “ShowCaption”. This caption will - to my knowledge - always be displayed to the right of the checkbox. I presume Alarich’s question referred to this type of caption. As an alternative, you can add a label to a checkbox using the standard way of clicking the label option in the toolbox. This will be the standard label control which is used everywhere else, too. Please note that no matter which of these two methods you choose, “ShowCaption” will always default to “No” and the checkbox will be created so small as to just take up enough space for the box. If you want to use the “built-in” caption, you have to set the property to “Yes” and increase the boundary of the checkbox.

Hi Heinz Strange. I never noticed this [:(]. Thank you for your explanation. Now I can go into the weekend. I’ve learned enough this week [8D]. So I have to say the opposite of my first posting: If I use the ‘built-in’- caption the caption appears on the right side = M$- standard. If I use Add Label the caption appears on the left side and can be moved where ever I want. It is a nice kind of flexibility [:D]. bye André

quote:

The checkbox supports a “built-in” caption, which can be controlled by the property “ShowCaption”. This caption will - to my knowledge - always be displayed to the right of the checkbox. I presume Alarich’s question referred to this type of caption.

Exactly!

quote:

As an alternative, you can add a label to a checkbox using the standard way of clicking the label option in the toolbox. This will be the standard label control which is used everywhere else, too.

Shame on me but until now, I didn´t pay much attention to this “add Label” button on the toolbox´ bar. I´ve got it now! With this I can dedicate a label to another toolbox item. Thank you, Heinz! Regards Alarich

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB
Strange. I never noticed this [:(].

Well, I did the hard way [B)]. Once upon a time, I created a checkbox with two labels (the built-in and the extern) and had to figure out what happened and how to keep the one I wanted [:D]

quote:

Now I can go into the weekend. I’ve learned enough this week [8D].

Yes, I think we’ve both been busy enough for this week. How do you say “Plansoll erfüllt” in English? [:D]

quote:

Originally posted by xorph

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB
Strange. I never noticed this [:(].

Well, I did the hard way [B)]. Once upon a time, I created a checkbox with two labels (the built-in and the extern) and had to figure out what happened and how to keep the one I wanted [:D]

quote:

Now I can go into the weekend. I’ve learned enough this week [8D].

Yes, I think we’ve both been busy enough for this week. How do you say “Plansoll erfüllt” in English? [:D]

We are above budget this week! bye André

There is a property BitmapPos. If you alter it (to Right), it might perhaps help change the location of the built-in caption. This did work in Attain 3.10. Bhaskar Jani