Change set up of Country code to all the companies at the same time

In Navision I work with 8 different companies, all with the same database, but if I want to change the set up of Country Code and Currency Code, at the same time, is possible to do all companies at the same time or can only be done company by company?.

Check the DataPerCompany property in table which you are modifying…

If you set it to NO…data will be modified in all companies once you change in one…

Hi Mohana,

I went to TOOLS > OBJECT DESIGNER > TABLE > COUNTRY > NEW > PROPERTIES > and DATA PER COMPANY SAID (YES) BUT WHEN i TRY TO MODIFY TO (NO), I go out from the Table and when I go back to Table of Country, the DATA PER COMPANY, again said YES.

Do you know why they don’t change it?

Patty

Did you get any error message while saving the changes?

I don;t get error message but when i go back to the table to check if is changed, again is in YES.

There is an option change the Global Dimnension Filters, this affect to all the companies?

Unless you know exactly what you are doing, changing the datapercompany property because some dude on the internet says to do that is probably one of the worst things you can do. Personally I cannot disagree more with the advice in this topic. This property is one of the most underestimated properties in the table designer, and there can be very severe complications if you change it without knowing exactly what you are doing.

Not only can you SEE the same data in all companies, everyone in all companies can now also CHANGE the data in that table. The problem is, that the field value validation code only runs in ONE company. Then on top of that, you have data in related tables. Many tables have links to other tables, and many tables are linked to in other tables. With DataPerCompany set to you have to write code to make sure those values don’t get screwed up.

By the way, the reason it’s not letting you change the property is because there is probably existing data in multiple companies.

Hi Den,

So what do you recommend me to do in this case?

I recommend that you get your partner involved to assess the risks for each table that you are looking at, and come up with a plan to address them. Some tables will have less impact than others, and for some might even be possible to change the DataPerCompany property without any further development. For some of them however, you will need to address a long list of risks, and it might not be beneficial for you to go forward with that plan.

The point is, you need to be aware of the implications, and discuss with your partner how to address those implications in a way that does not jeopardize your system.

thanks for the advice :slight_smile: