Cannot create Credit Note SO, raises an error "The quantity being returned is greater than what can be covered by the return lot"

Dear all,

I can not create sales order’s credit note. It raises an error “The quantity being returned is greater than what can be covered by the return lot”. But this is not happening for every time we want to create credit note from sales order. I guess, it is related with incorrect data. But I can not figure it out what and why causes this error. Does anyone ever experience this?

For information, I’m using AX 2009 with fullscope. My item is a catch-weight item and being sold in catch-weight’s UOM. Also I’m using “manual one step process” picking for the item.

Regards,

Jefry

This error comes when you are trying to create a credit note with qunatity which is greater than that of the invoiced qty.

Example - your invoice is 100 qty and if you try to create a credit note more than that qty.

I see…

Thanks Kranthi. You’re right. I know what to do now. Once again. Thank you.

=)

Hi jefry,
can you explain please that how you have resolved this error, because i am also facing the same issue.

thanks,
aali yas

It is already explained above. Please let us know or create a new post if your case is different.