Can I change the ID of a codeunit and table?

Hello,

I had to write a some code for a NAV integration project and am not anywhere near a guru in NAV. When pushing the code from our dev environment to the customers prod environment I accidentally imported the wrong ID of a code unit and table. I tried to just delete the code unit and table and reimport but I cannot due to licensing in their environment. Can I change the ID value somehow or should I just import my dev license into prod, delete the bad code unit and table, then re-import the production license?

Help!

Hey Mike,

I would just load your dev license, manage the objects, then when you’re done SHIFT-DEL the license so it doesn’t go to the Recycle Bin. BTW - The table won’t delete if there is data in it.

I wouldn’t delete objects if they’re standard (ID’s below 50000 and above 99999). Did you over-write existing objects when you imported these? That will present a different probelm.

NEVER import your developers license to a client system. Use License - Change and point to your license. This will change the license for your current session only.

Oops, good point Brian. Talking to someone new to NAV…

Mike,

By “load your dev license” I mean go to the Tools menu, License Information. Click the Change button at the bottom of the window that pops up, locate and select your license, then click Open. This will load your license into the current client session you are working on. You will have to reconnect to the server (File menu and “1”) and now you are running a session using your developer license.

The distinction is necessary because to “import” your license means that it will copy it to the client executables folder so that the client opens with this license each time.

Yes, thank you guys. I did not know about the “Change” feature, which is exactly what I was looking for. I was able to resolve the issue.