Business Notification Error

Hi,

I have installed all the prerequisites of Business Notification for Navision 5.0 sp1 in a single system (OS: Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2005). I’m using smtp.gmail.com to send the BN mails. But it cannot send mails to the recipients. It drops messages in the event log:

Source: Business Notification

Description:

The following exception occured when trying to send out notification email: The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. m31sm1510722wag.31 at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.BusinessNotification.NotificationService.SmtpDeliveryProtocol.SendSmtpEmail(String senderEmail, String recipientEmail, String subject, String body, String culture) Please make sure that you have configured your SMTP server correctly, and this machine can relay emails through that server, and that the there are no misspellings in the name (IP address) of your SMTP server you have specified. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Can someone please help?

Hi Srabani,

First you check the your IIS setting is it proper configured then you check your virtual SMTP directory which is installed by default with IIS then check your SMTP setting i.e. you have properly configured your SMTP.gmail.com in this directory.

As I think that we can not use smtp.gmail.com to send the mails. Not confirmed? :frowning:

/Nitin

I seriously doubt one can access GMail servers directly through SMTP (POP3 for reading).

As many other public mail services, IMHO you must use their WEB interface to connect (means all activities through browser ONLY, thus enforcing you to read their advertisments), so, direct programmatic connection to GMail servers is blocked. But I might be not right here - check it out.

Generally Web mail services can be use by configuring Relay settings in IIS SMTP Virtual Server. /Nitin