Business Notification emails are not sent

Dear all,

Business Notification emails are not sent. Event Viewer shows two different error message screen

1**.Source :NotificationServices**

A delivery failure was reported.

EventParameters:

Distributor ID: 1

Distributor Name: SERVER

Delivery Channel Name: SMTPNotificationChannel

Notification ID: 46

Notification Class Name: NotificationsOfScheme3e314f7c_560b_404b_b95d_e6f873ad2a16

Notification Status Info:

Notification Text:

Notification Sent Time: 07/24/2009 12:11:35

InstanceName: BusinessNotificationInstance

ApplicationName: MBSBN

2**.Source : Business Notification**

The following exception occured when trying to send out notification email: The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 must be authenticated

at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args)

at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message)

at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message)

at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.BusinessNotification.NotificationService.SmtpDeliveryProtocol.SendSmtpEmail(String senderEmail, String recipientEmail, String subject, String body, String culture) Please make sure that you have configured your SMTP server correctly, and this machine can relay emails through that server, and that the there are no misspellings in the name (IP address) of your SMTP server you have specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

I cannot see any message in the Business Notification Log.

I’m able to connect BN Server correctly. But no subscription found in the http://server/businessnotificationsubscribe/.

What are the steps to troubleshoot these kind of issues ?

Kindly reply…[:(]

Hi Subrata,

Sounds like the SMTP is not setup correctly or your Exchange server is refusing on permission basis.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. There is no domain Controller installed where the BN is running.

Actually my pc is running under admin mode. It is not under any Domain controller or no AD installed in this pc. The os of the system is Window 2003 Server. SQL Server 2005 SP2 is installed init. I have installed BN server and BN Client init. The BN client can connect the BN Database thru BN server. But BN cannot send the emails…

Dear subrata.bauri pls check out following get more information about Business Notification and check out whether you install Business Noptification properly.

Following is the link of Business Notification:- Navision Planet- Businees Notification

http://microsoft-dynamics-nav.blogspot.com/search/label/Business%20Notification

For more information feel free to contact me.

Regards

Jubel Thomas Joy

navisionplanet@indiatimes.com

I cannot find the Soltion here. Thanks for your reply [:(]