Browse folder disappear while stringedit cotnrol is enable=false

Hi,

I am using AX 2009.

I have a stingEdit control on my custom form, i have set its EDT to filepath. Now when i am doing stringEdit.Enable = False from the code the browse folder icon is disappear from the besides of strinEdit control.

I only wanted to disable the stringEdit control with the browse folder button icon.

Any help will greatly appreciated.

Regards,

/Ashlesh

I think you cannot do that - disable will do the total field…

Hi Kranthi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I also think so, but i have also written the code to disable the other controls at the time of loading the form. This time it works perfectly.

Actually i have a checkbox contorl, i have written the code to disable the other controls(stringEdit) on the clicked() event of it. The same thing i have done while loading the form. kindly review my code snippet of the clicked() event of checkbox control.

public void clicked()

{

super();

if(chkbWMDisabled.checked())

{

//Disable other controls

element.DisableControl(1);

}

else

{

//Enable other controls

element.DisableControl(0);

}

}

The only difference at the time of loading the form is, above code is not executing. Instead of i have done the manually disable code for stringEdit as below.

public void DisableControl(boolean boolFlag)

{

if(boolFlag)

{

txtWMDataFolder.enabled(false);

txtWMSupervisorPassword.enabled(false);

}

else

{

txtWMDataFolder.enabled(true);

txtWMSupervisorPassword.enabled(true);

}

}

The call for the above method “DisableControl()” is like, element.DisableControl(0); in my form’s datasource’s datamethod.

The above description is enough to get u some more clear idea about the issue? OR do i required to explain it in brief.

Again thanks for your support.

Regards,

/Ashlesh