BoM scenario with FIFO help

I need to run some BoM calculation, production scenario based on FIFO model. I need to show the difference between std and FIFO. Could some one point me in the right direction to do that in the sample AX data?

1. I have raw material with FIFO (costing sheet reflect the cost group assigned to the items)

2. route operation with cost category and WIP accounts set up (costing sheet reflect this cost group)

3. std cost defined for labor overhead in the costing sheet.

4. BoM calculation group; sales price mode is cost group; Cost price model —purchase price.

I expect to see the BoM price to be calculated automatically wherein I don’t need to maintain a costing version for the raw materials.

How will I see the purchase price variance or production price variance after I complete the production order? Costing sheet may reflect the estimates. will it reflect the variance?

Many thanks

How will I see the purchase price variance or production price variance after I complete the production order? Costing sheet may reflect the estimates. will it reflect the variance?

You can see this on each production order by switching the costing sheet from estimation to actual - but there is no financial PPV’s created as these ARE the cost for FIFO. You could also look at the cost estimates report or write your own.

Thanks Adam. I have another related query. how does the production order estimate the cost of the BoM? I understand the material consumption is calculated which the running average of the raw material receipts.

in other words, how could we tell AX to calculate the cost of the production BoM automatically when the order is started and/or reported as finished?

Do we need to set up and activate the BoM item price?

Do we need to run BoM calculation every time we initiate the production order?

thank you

You do not need to activate the BOM price (but try it)

The BOM calculation will run automatically if you do not run it but go to scheduling first.