Blanket Order

Hi all

Wen Blanket order is created in purchase order and line is created with zero quantity the status field in header changes from open order to received … i tried debugging but i cannot trace the coding …i have to comment this code …pls help me

Regards

Manju

i hope there is no meaning of creating order with Quantity “ZERO”

Hi Manjusha,

which code you want to comment. give me some more explanation…

Please be more specific, why you want to create with ZERO quantity ??

Regards,

Barath

Hi all

The requirement is when u create a blanket purchase order , the status wil be in open order and once u create a line with item of zero quantity the openOrder status gets changed to recieved. This process has to be stopped …pls help me

Regards

Manjusha.D

Hi Manjusha,

The specified requirement cant be attainted as it is a base functionality. If you create a line with 0 qt, the line status will become as Recived.

Pls specifify your requirement clear, so that we can have a solution for the this?

Regards,

Satish

My requirement is i have to comment this process.I cannot able to trace where it is written in base code.I tried debugging but i coudnt find it

Regards

Manjusha.D

Why would you want to create a Blanket order for a quantity of zero? The whole purpose of Blanket orders is to create an order for a certain quantity but without actually ordering it already (so it stays out of the on hand as ‘ordered’; there’s no inventtrans record created or nothing). Over time, you can use a part of the quantity of this Blanket order in Release orders, to actually buy the items.

For example, you have created a Blanket order for 50 pieces. On the quantity tab you see this quantity as ‘Deliver remainder’. For each Release order you create for this Blanket order, the quantity used on the Release order (ex. 10 pcs) is subtracted from the ‘Deliver remainder’ (after the creation of one such Release order the ‘Deliver remainder’ of the Blanket order becomes 40) until it is all used which means there’s no further use to keep the Blanket order ‘open’. The Release orders are the actual Purchase ordes that will go through the whole purchase process of ordering, receiving, etc.

That’s the purpose of Blanket and Release orders. If you create a Blanket order for quantity zero, AX concludes that the quantity is all used on Release orders and that the Blanket order has no futher purpose. AX, in this conclusion, is right. Wanting to keep a Blanket order for a quantity of zero as opened is against the purpose that is behind Blanket orders. Stopping this process is against all logic and I don’t understand at all the reason behind the want for this to be altered.