Bank Rec ?'s

If I have two bank accounts mapped to the same GL account, how can I get the difference in the bank rec, which relates to the other bank, to be $0 so that I can post it? Or is it simply best to have a separate GL account for each bank? I can’t believe that’s the case, but…maybe. mls

The way the Bank. Rec (US 3.60) is setup, you have to have different G/L Accounts. It is a fairly easy piece of custom to change this, but it is custom.

I strongly advise to have each separate GL account for each bank account. Otherwise it’s a mess!

Yeah, that’s what I figured. Too bad they don’t have a way to offset multiple bank accounts. Oh well. Thanks for the feedback. It’s always good to get other’s points of view. mls

Hi There is a bank reconcile module avaliable as far as I know. Any way, it is quite easy to reconcile the bank accounts before posting only by sorting Regards Karl

There is actually an “enhanced” Bank Reconciliation included in the North American version. This is the one we are talking about.