Automatic Report

hi to all, Has anyone develop a report that is automatically triggered when a sales order is edited. The aim is for the edited order to be automatically printed in any of the locations depending on the location code of the item in the sales order. I could easily develop one outside of navision for this purpose because we have the SQL database but were trying to make use of navision and create functionality inside navision as our first solution. The reason for the autoprinting is necessary especially if orders are being made in the shop and there are change orders. The three locations are on three different U.S. states but all are logged on to a single database in the corporate office and editing is done by order entry in the main office. Our desire is for order entry not to fax or call or print if there is a change order but rather the three locations can automatically see those changes in the documents that come off their printers.

Why not: … but rather the three locations can automatically see those changes in Navision. If you add a boolean field to the sales order that gets set if a change occurs, you filter on the field in a special “changed sales orders” form. Might save some tree’s.

Thanks for replying. Yes, i have a field added to the sales order header as indicator that it has been changed. Our aim is auto printing of the orders without intervention of the shop person. I already added a report in Navision to manually print what were edited but that requires them to remember to run the report every so often. The auto printing was a feature I customized in our old system and they are looking for the same feature in the new system. I’m trying to use the timer trigger on the form to start with. Jane

You can use OnTimer trigger but it will make some trouble with .MODIFY when you’ll need to mark record as not changed (i mean, change current records field). I had same problem but I solved it through global variable of Boolean type. I changed it to TRUE in the OnModify and to FALSE in OnTimer after report print.

Maybe use OnCloseForm is better,check need value in sales order,if all important data are keyed in order then run report to print and mark printed flag. next closeform will not auto. print

Hi Pineda! If you are on attain vers 3.X Why not include all the fields that are sensitive to change in the Release function. In the release functionality also add the code to run the specific report without a request option form. The report.run function can also be called based on the value of the Boolean field you have added in the sales table, this way it will not print the report the first time. For printing the report at location specific printer, I am not sure how it will work, but what comes to my mind is that create 3 copies of the report and in the printer selcetion table link each of the report with one of the loaction printer and then in the release function, run location specific report based on the item location in the Sales order.

thanks a lot for all the suggestions. jane