Application Server (NAS) ignores Paper Orientation

Hello, has anyone experienced a problem with the NAS printing in landscape orientation? It seems to me that the Application Server is not reading the property of the orientation at all. All reports are printed in portrait orientation. After I found out that the NAS doesnt print reports with request forms, I cant believe I stumbled over an other bug in the same week… [:(!] Any help is appreciated. Regards Marc Deitermann, Cologne

I bet its another bug. I will place another request now and let you know.

This is an irritating problem but… I understand that you can specifiy the user for NAS. Have you tried creating a dedicated user and configuring dedicated printers for that user, printing the reports as that user (interactive) and then running the same reports via NAS? I am interested to know if you find a solution as we are considering using NAS.

NAS doesn’t use the printout properties as margins, orientation etc. It goes for default settings unfortunately.

From “Changes made in Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision W1 3.70.A” P16) Printer-Format (Landscape/Portrait) Is Not Changed for a Report If a Special Printer Is Used (Not Systemprinter) Error If the report does not use a request form and is not printed on the default printer, the print properties set on the report are overwritten with the printer’s defaults. This has been corrected. Navision Service System Reference: DE-174-868-CKC2