Add 2 Data Items to a RTC Report

Hi all…

I want to add two data items to a report in nav 2013.

The two data items should be in same level. there is no link between those data items.

Eg.

Table1

col 1

col2

Table 2

Col1

Col 2

I did this and when I run the report there are empty lines in boath tebles.

I have added the fields to two different Table controls.

Why am I getting empty rows in result.

Probably the first table shows empty lines in the lower part and the second in the upper.

This is due to the fact that the dataset contains lines with all columns for both tables and it structure looks something like this (example taken form one of my presentations):

(OK, I am having 3 dataitem ).

Both you tables will show all records in the dataset, but only (in table 1) the values of first columns that belong to dataitem 1 or (table 2) the values of the succeeding columns that belog to dataitem 2.

In order to get rid of the empty lines you need to put a filter on each of your tables (1 and 2) so that it will only show lines that have values in the relevant columns.

@Luc

In my case, I’m creating areport, and I have added the two data items in to two different table controles.

I did as you said, but it doesn’t make any different. Still it gives the empty lines.

In my result,

as you can see the empty lines comes at the begining.

Can you show us what filter did you apply on second table?

Can you also show us the Dataset result as Luc shown?

@ Mohana

DataItemTableView - WHERE(RECH Amount=FILTER(>0))

“RECH Amount” is the amount that is showing, It has an expression in the text box.

the expression is - IIF(Month(Fields!RePostingDate.Value) = Month(DateAdd(“m”,-1,TODAY)),Fields!RechAmount.Value,0)

@Mohana,

How to get the Dataset result in a report?

As described in How to: View and Export the Dataset for a Report

@Luc,

Thanks for the tip.

@Mohana,

This is my dataset

So exactly the same structure I talked about above!

So you need to filter out the empty lines in your RDLC table control.

Do this by creating a filter on the table control. For this filter set Expr to =Cstr(Len(Fields!CostCenter.Value)) and complete the equation with <>0.

@Luc,

No the Expr is not working.

nothing is coming to report as result.

try to set PrintOnlyIfDetail for the data items.

Don’t think this makes sense Manish as the two dataitems are independent of each other.

Hi Sriyantha, It’s difficult for me to Judge what is happening as I do not have the report “in hands”. Still think my suggestion is the key to your succes. Could share the object with me?

Are you grouping the tables ?

To me it looks line you want dimension wise expenses details !