Actually i was asking difference between (not purchase order) Production order & Work order not ??

Sorry for this miscommunication…!! but if any one have idea about this please give your precious time & help me out!!

thank you.

terminology, they are interchangeable descriptions from the production context. Systems, business and customers may call them different things, but it is like asking the difference between an “item” and a “part” or a “vendor” and a “supplier”.

no i think its like this(get replay from one use in this form.)

Production and work orders are same - but may not be in all cases.

In case of BO M’s- if you are giving some inputs to the vendor/some party and getting the BOM from that vendor -

then in this case production and work order are one and the same - means the production is carried at vendor place.(May be a part of production or total production)- this is in general termed as Sub-Contract a combination of Production and Purchase Orders.(As said by Adam)

But when you are sending some machine kind of thing for service to the vendors - it is also a work order - which cannot be considered as production order.

But, in AX (if you are using) dose this work order or production order are treated differently for scheduling!!? means how we can differentiate this in AX?? which parameters dose it affects in AX??

Hi Mehul,

There is no difference between works and production order.

It is just a label change. You can test this for yourself by running Ax in ‘en-gb’ and ‘en-us’ language and comparing labels.

Regards,