XMLPort question

Hi,

we’re using NAV 2009 6 Classic client. I need to pass values from a webpage into a Contact table and into a Contact Mailing Group table to enter, modify, or delete data. The return value should be an integer 1, -1, 2, -2, etc. baset on a result from NAV.

I’m going to create a simple codeunit with a checking if a contact exist then return e.g. EXIT(-1) a -1 via XMLPort and on the webpage will be a certain message to a user. If contact dosn’t exist then do … INSERT(TRUE) EXIT(1) etc. The same as there is a value for a mailing group then to insert, delete it for the contact mailing group sending back a certain integer as well that would be converted to a message for a user.

So, it seems simple but what xml file would look like with a one element as an integer to return back. Please, advise.

I’d stick with the xmlport as further it can be extended to show some contact order history, making orders, etc.

Thanks.

Sorry, probably it should belong to another part of the NAV Forum. How could I move it there then? Thanks

Probably, I don’t need an XMLPort at all as I could use a codeunit with a function and parameters. I’d register this codeunit as a webservice and refer to a method from a webpage passing parameters.