Work Center Set-up

Hi World,

Just want to ask help for my work center set-up. I have a client that is into Steel Fabrication. They have 12 Manpower to complete the Fabrication process, and after 25 minutes of fabrication, they can produce 1 unit. Anyway, their Process is Fabrication> Painting> Assembly. I believe fabrication is composed of different processes like Laser, Punching, Bending, welding, etc. And each process has its respective machine. Moreover, in a certain process like Welding, it can be done in one of the 5 machines.

What I did is set-up work center group(Welding) with a type “machine” and indicated 5 work centers in that group.

Queries:

1. Is it possible to indicate that there are 12 people operating the fabricating machines? (considering that type is Machine and not Human resources) In what way?

2. Since my set-up is per work center group, I believe specifying the 25 minutes of fabrication cannot be entered. However, indicating the time per process/ operation is the best way, am I right? Or is it still possible to indicate the 25 minutes Fabrication run time?

3. If answer for no.1 is NO, in what way can I trace the operators job for that machine where I can link it the production module?

Hope you can help me with my concerns!

Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

Regards,

Jr Barte

1. In the same way as a machine you can specify this, no difference. On the routing you can tell it the number of work centres required for the operation from the group.

2. Why can you not enter 25 minutes? The best way depends upon the requirements. The machien is capacity driven not the people, so you need to consider the structure.

3. You can as per 1.

Thanks for the help Adam!

1. Just want to make clear that I did not create Work center group Fabrication. Instead, I created Work center groups for laser, Punching, bending, and welding. So in this case, where shall I enter 25 minutes run time?

2. For the operators, does this mean I cannot attach 3 employees in a single work center?

Appreciated your help a lot!

Regards,

Jr

You are creating a disconnect between the route and the resource setup - you need to align these. You either have a fabrication step and a fabrication work centre, or you have the resouces AND the route split out. You are creating this mis-match. My advice would be do not, otherwise you have nothing to hang the time off and cannot create the route.

1. That is correct you attach the 3 employees to the group, unless you create a centre that IS those three employees, but then you can never split them out.