WinAPI replacement

Hi All,

The WinAPI functionality has been deprecated in AX7.

So if I want to execute the below statement, what would be the replacement? Need your help please,

WinAPI::shellExecute(@“RunDll32.exe”, “InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 2”);

Regards,

Madhan

It seems that your intention is to open “Internet Options” control panel on user’s computer, but trying to do it from X++ running somewhere in Azure doesn’t sound like a good idea.
What’s the business requirement behind it?

Hi Martin,

There was a requirement that we handled in AX2012. In standard the user can attach a document to a record which will be stored in SharePoint.

What we customized is , documents will be placed in SharePoint in a separate folder and AX needs to pick all those files from that folder and the information will be saved in “Unattached documents” form in AX 2012.

A batch job was designed to pick all those documents.

The customer gave access to one service account to access their SharePoint. And we will save the cookies for that account in our AX DB.

So every time when the user logins, we will delete the cookies from their internet explorer and we will pass the saved cookies.

And I am not sure how we can implement the above scenario in AX7 as there are lot of changes.

Regards,
Madhan

How is it related to the code above?
Are you going to use SharePoint somewhere in your system, or SharePoint online? How do you communicate with it?

Also, if your question is about authentication with SharePoint, can you please provide a more appropriate title for this thread?
Also, don’t forget to attach tags. I’ve already added “AX”, to make clear which version this thread is about.

Maybe we should lock this thread an continue in one of your two threads about SharePoint in AX 7.

For reference, the discussion continues in SharePoint in AX7.