Who's using Management Reporter and for what?

A resent MSDN article outlining some of the new features in Management Reporter for AX7 (called Financial Reporting now) got me thinking who out there in the user community even uses MR? And if you’re using it, how are you using it?

I’m a strong proponent of MR as part of your corporate reporting strategy, though I have to admit that technically it’s a bear to support. The integration is buggy and release cadence (though frequent, way to go Financial Reporting team) is disturbing. If you’re on the 15th CU and still have huge performance issues, something’s amiss right?

I’m worried that there are few left at Microsoft who care. Reading through the article it certainly seems like Redmond is more interested in the new name than how it works or who’s using it. So I thought to start a discussion here.

Open question or discussion: How are does your company (or customer) use MR? Who likes MR? What do you like about MR? What don’t you like?

Every customer I’ve seen use it has had problems with the data integrity of the data mart. Having a financial reporting software where the reliability is sketchy (at best) is basically worthless.

It’s difficult to justify someone transition to and rely on Management Reporter when you can’t guarantee the numbers are right.

Also, requiring a 15 step process to rebuild the data mart when it gets out of sync is frustrating. If it’s going to be so unreliable, it should at least be easier to rebuild the data mart.

I couldn’t agree more. Stability and data integrity should be highest priority and should be items 1-19 on the roadmap. Certainly well before the ability to leave a comment on a report!

You and I could have just had this discussion at the office!

Anyone else care to chime in? There’s gotta be people on this site that have used MR before…