Which security key enables the Select button on reports?? Please help!

Hi all!

I am setting up security for user groups. Currently, whenever a user wants to run a report or comes across a dialog box from where the user can press the ‘Select’ button to access the Filter screen for that report, the Select button is not there.

For example, if I want to run the General Ledger report - Print Journal - in the dialog box for that report the Select button is missing - which security key enables the Select button to appear please?

Thanks

There will not be any security to enable /disable the select button in the dialog…

Does this thing happening for all users???

It happens for all user groups except users in the Admin user group. We are still not Live yet in AX, so am still implementing, but I need to figure this out before we go live. Have been looking at it for a while and cant figure it out.

hi Naz

Select button on dialogue form is core feature .

we cant do any modifications for that.

can you check application version and kernal version compare to admin system and all other users system ? it is same or different??

can you check button is hide or what??

The button only appears for users who are in the Admin user group. All other users who are assigned to other user groups cannot see the Select button for any reports. Everyone is running the same application and kernel versions. If I move a user from a non Admin user group to the Admin user group, they can see the Select button. So it must be a security setting somewhere.

Any help please???

The solution was to create a new user group, assign ALL permissions to that group using the ‘Set All to Full Control’ option on form, then take out all the security one by one on all modules. Dont Cascade security down. This sould do the trick. Not sure why it is happening though, but it works.

Hope that helps someone