Vendor Details - Contact

Hi,

I have 500 records of vendor. But the ‘contact’ field is not filled.

I want to update the ‘contact’ field using upload via definition group.

When i create a definiton group for vendor, then click field setup, which field for ‘contact’ i have to add to the definition group ?

Please advice,

Thanks.

regards,

Yos.

Hi Yos,

You to have the entailed Contact to the Vendor, you will have that to register in cadastre the Contact in the Contact Details (ContactPerson) and to tie with the Vendor (VendorTable) and the Global Address Book Details (DirPartyTable).
Do you make it?
Murilo Oliveira

Thanks for the guidance.

Actually i am beginner in Axapta.

I just create definition group for vendor, in the field setup i define, vendor code, address, phone no, fax no, Term of Payment.

All the record was uploaded. But the address, and contact person was not uploaded.

Regarding your guidance, there are some step that have to perform.

I need your help to provide step step how to upload the contact person, dirtpartytable.

Please advice.

Many thanks.

You need to look at all of the related tables and then replicate the requirements. As stated the contact is not just a field, it is a completely separate record, you need to create this, so go to the contact table, look at the requirements, then create these, this will include the contact number which can be referenced within the vendor record.

Ok Adam,

Thanks for the information.

I will try it.