Upgrade to R2 Sync failed on tables - Drop Column fails, Index is dependent on column

As we try to upgrade from AX 2009 Retail to R2 five tables fail to sync with the Event Viewer error: "The index ‘I_xxxxxxxx’ is dependent on column ‘xxxxxxxx’. The SQL statement was: “ALTER TABLE ‘xxxxxxx’ DROP COLUMN ‘xxxxxxxx’”

For example, one of the sync errors specifically states: Object Server 01: The database reported: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]The index ‘I_698DIMIDX’ is dependent on column ‘INVENTSTYLEID’… The SQL statement was: “ALTER TABLE INVENTDIM DROP COLUMN INVENTSTYLEID”

As an experiment I went into SQL, expanded the table in question, went to the properties of the problematic index, and removed the column needing to be dropped from that index. The syncronization was then successful for these 5 tables. However, in reviewing the SQL tables I noticed that the columns named in all the Alter/Drop statements had not been dropped so this probably is not a good way to solve the sync error.

Does anyone have an idea on how to get past these index/column errors?

Thanks for reviewing my issues.