Update information from header to Purchase and Sales Lines

Hi all

I am trying to find out if we have found a bug in Dynamics AX SP1 or whether there has been some development work that needs removing:

Basically, when you update the header of a SO or PO an option prompts for updating the order lines (these are set via SO–>Setup–>Parameters and PO–>setup–>Parameters and can be be set for account change, warehouse change etc etc).

Our issue is - if you set say update warehouse to prompt and tick the box to update warehouse, amend an order header and change the warehouse - the process not only updates the warehouse on the order lines but updates everything else as well, including manually priced products. Hence we lose the original price. I would only expect the warehouse to update as the parameter only says warehouse.

This occurs across all the various options.

Is is standard practice or developed - unfortanately I do not have a standard install to look at

Hope this makes sense

Tony

If ur prices r set as per these storage dimensions they are bound to come. It is like u filled them manually changed the storage dimension system did validate of warehouse and brought the prices from trade agreement or from Item Card.

If u do not have any trade agreement and no prices on Item card as per storage dimension then only it wud be considered as a result of modification else this makes sense.

HI Tony,

It the standard behavior where you update Warehouse system searches warehouse specific price if not found updates the price from item master, there by change your manually updated prices.

Regards

thanks all - we have now modified the code to exclude the price updates.

All sorted