SSRS report - freezing a parameter value

Hi i have a query based report in that i want to freeze a field after giving a value for it which shows up on the dialog box currently i have added that field in range then went to its properties and entered its value nd also made it lock then restored query runned report still it is allowing to edit

Which version of AX? Please always add a tag with the version.

AX 2012 R2

As I understand, it’s a dynamic parameter. Locking the range seems to be the right way; I don’t know what you mean by “restored query”, but it likely means that your range is not locked anymore and you have to implement it properly.

ok… Let me start over

1. Query based report

2. Query has salestable in DS ->salesline relation Salesid within its DS i have Custpackingsliptrans relation on inventtransid

3. Query has one more change in Salestable level in its range i have added salestype and its property

• Value = “Sales order”,status = Hide Enabled=No

What i want to achieve is that i have rental order, item requirements and Sales order in Enum Sales Type my report should only run with "Sales order " types without giving my user to change the option to anyother Above Step 3 seems it is not working Kindly Help

What “is not working” means? That’s never a sufficient description of any problem. And your range is disabled, so what do you expect it to do?

If you have a query that doesn’t work as expected, check the resulting query string to can see where your definition failed. Don’t expect that somebody will do your debugging for you, because only you have access to your code.

Indeed sir, i was trying to find out is there any way i can hide the field by setting the value for it as ‘’ Sales order" so that it can keep running the report based on it ,the problem is that ,It is query based report if it was RDP based i could have controlled it using code

All reports have controllers; it’s doesn’t matter what type of data sources they use.

Nevertheless if you want to create a locked range with a static value, you can simply do it in the query definition in AOT.

I did not quite understand you sir could you provide more details… thank you

Details about what? Did you try it at all?

As you said reports have controllers u can create locked range with static value in query defintion in AOT

how shall i navigate to there… are you referring to my own query

If you want to know how to add a range to an AOT query, navigate to the query, open its data source, right-click Ranges and choose New Range. You can set its Value and Status (in properties).

You should also read the documentation: How to: Create Queries by using the AOT [AX 2012]; it’s there exactly for this purpose.

That is what exactly i have done as i have mentioned earlier both property does not work “value” and “status”

Hi,

For your information refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg731894.aspx

vinesh you sure your giving value in range property…if your using string then you have to specify " " for value.

use view and insert your query in it and if your getting right value in view then your query is fine…

please give me what value your passing in query range

“Does not work” is not a problem definition I can work with. Sorry. I can only repeat what I already said:

“If you have a query that doesn’t work as expected, check the resulting query string to can see where your definition failed. Don’t expect that somebody will do your debugging for you, because only you have access to your code.”

i will give you one simple way that your query is workign fine or not, juz try with temp report , add your query as datasource and try to run it, if it is giving the right result then there is something with your report for which we cant help without code.

hi kunal, i have passed Sales Type field in range of Sales Table

1. Query based report

2. Query has salestable in DS ->salesline relation Salesid within its DS i have Custpackingsliptrans relation on inventtransid

3. Query has one more change in Salestable level in its range i have added salestype and its property

• Value = Sales order,status = Hide Enabled=No

What i want to achieve is that i have rental order, item requirements and Sales order in Enum Sales Type my report should only run with "Sales order " types without giving provision for user to change the option to any other than Sales order Above Step 3 seems it is not working

Hi Kunal

Sales order

just this above i have passed as value for the field in the range of sales table

enable property should be yes