service tax problem

i have a scenario of service tax, i made purchase invoice with two line of same G/L, dimension & amount is different on both the lines. select the service tax group on both lines.

ex. 1st line dimension department - sales

2nd line dimension department - account

post the invoice. service tax will generate on both line perfectly

at the time of bank payment to the vendor apply the invoice to bank payment voucher & post it.

now navigate the bank payment & see the service tax entry. which will calculate wrong in system

in Service Tax Entry Details table service tax amount will reflect only of 1st line but twice

can anyone help…

Hello Pankaj,

When u have posted the P Inv service tax entry will posted to the G/L of service tax payable but the liability of service tax will create only after the payment

received of the same PI and payment is applied to the same invoice. So when u navigate the Payment two entry of service tax is showing for creating the liability of service tax payment.

You can see the service tax liability in Financial Managemtn>General Ledger>Periodic Activity>Service Tax>Payment

Vikash

i ll show u both the documents & their G/L entries both

u just try take a vendor book the invoice in invoice take two lines with same g/l with different amount & different dimension & post it then navigate the g/l entries of the purchase invoice see the service tax entry.

now make bank payment to the vendor apply the invoice to bank payment

now navigate the G/l entries of bank payment see the service tax entries…

u ll find that the service tax entries not going correctly