Select a record with keybord

How can user select a record with keyboard only in a tabular form ? I have written a functionality based on selected records and the user does not want to use the mouse for selecting records first.

Next time please post this to the End User quesitons forum. But… To select a record hit (Shift+Down) then (Shift+Up). don’t let go of the shift key between the Down Up sequence.

By the way, if you want to train your users to use Navisionproperly, then during their forst 2 days of class room training, before the class go to all the computers, and remove the mouse, its the only thing I have found that works.

Or press Shift + Space for the current record.

Davids solution is not so good, because SHIFT+UP/DOWN is only working merely by ‘incidence’. The correct way is using SHIFT+SPACE, because this is the way it works in other windows programs (ie. Excel). By the way: do you know how to select a COLUMN in Excel??? This is done by using CTRL+SPACE ! And the for your curiosity: what happens if you press SHIFT+SPACE and then CTRL+SPACE… Have a nice weekend

Or mark the records with ctrl-F1 and use “markedonly” to filter them.

Shift UP/Down is a better solution, because in the case of Marking, most of the tme you will be selecting more than one record. By using Shift up, its then easier to mark multiple records. My personal reason though is because Shift space does not work when selecting lines in C/Side, and I prefer to just use the same key strokes. In fact its just personal preference, there is no particular reason to use one method over the other. In the long run though I would have prefered to use Marking as Walter suggests.

quote:

By the way, if you want to train your users to use Navisionproperly, then during their forst 2 days of class room training, before the class go to all the computers, and remove the mouse, its the only thing I have found that works.
Originally posted by David Singleton - 2005 Sep 09 : 10:40:51

You are wicked! [8D]

[:(!] I just got so angry once that users refused to use the key board, so during lunch I just unplugged them all. It was so successful, that its now the first thing I do when setting up and enduser class. (I only do if for the first day or two when they are learning navigation.)