Security - NAvision 4

In Navision 4.0 , I created a database login giving Super role for a company. This database is having more than one company , I assigned user Super role for one company but when i try to login , I get a message that I don’t have permissions to read Object table. This works fine in earlier versions. Any thoughts!!!

I observed the following with 4.0: If you apply a company filter with the role “SUPER” Navision will reduce the scope of the permissions to the object type “Table Data”. For editing the object itself you will however need the permissions for the object type “Table”. I call it a bug. But maybe MSBS calls it feature. The solution is you omit the company filter for this login.[V]

Definitely a feature.

I agree a feature, … in fact a requirement. Maybe I am misunderstanding the issue here, but I believe that Financials has always been like this?

quote:

Maybe I am misunderstanding the issue here, but I believe that Financials has always been like this?
Originally posted by David Singleton - 2005 Jun 09 : 23:06:24

David, you´re probably right. But before I never had the necessity to set up a “SUPER” -user for just a single company.

I checked with Navision 3.7 and it works. But if you can’t set up company filter whats the use of having it. Either there is some thing which needs to be set up along with setting the company filter or its a bug

This is a FEATRE, a great FEATURE, and one that (if they don’t) other systems should have. NAd the3re are great cases for it. The first time I used this, was where a company ran payroll in a seperate company. They had three companies int he database. XYZ Corp inc. pty. s.r.o. XYZ Payroll XYZ Play Company The system admin had super access to the first two companies, buto access to the third. This meant the SUPER could test, access data, make changes, but could not look at payroll. Admitedly, its a bit paranoid, but …

David I think I confused you , I fully agree that to have company filter is great feature even one of my client has set up the users with company filter on but thats in Navision 3.7 and it works fine . My question is why its not working in Navision 400 and why I am getting an error ( Object Table Permission ) when I try to login to database with login id setup with company filter.

quote:

David I think I confused you , …
Originally posted by Bobbysrivastava - 2005 Jun 10 : 07:19:45

I guess so. Can you try to explain what the issue is with an example.

Yes . The database is having 3 companies. I created a Database Login Say ‘TEST’ and set it for one company by entering company name . I Assigned ‘Super’ role to user ‘TEST’. And then when I tried logging in with Test , Navision gave me error that I dont have permission to object table . This is Navision 4.00 database…

Hello, It’s always been like that: SUPER with Company Filter will restrict permissions to objects of type TableData. In ver. 4.0, though, permissions to to system tables i.e. tables below 2000000001 for some reason isn’t granted. It’s definitely a bug [8D] I just fiddled with it and found a possible work-around (no guarantee) : Create a Role that gives reading permissions to the following tables Table Data 2000000001 Object Table Data 2000000002 User Table Data 2000000003 Member Of Table Data 2000000004 User Role Table Data 2000000005 Permission Table Data 2000000006 Company Table Data 2000000053 Windows Access Control Table Data 2000000054 Windows Login Table Data 2000000061 User Menu Level Table Data 2000000203 Database Key Groups And add this role to the user. I also ran into some problems with Table Data 385 Company Notes Setup and gave the role full access to this.

thats the only solution I found and I also feel its definitel a bug . I have created a text file through dataport and will use for all the clients running on Version 4 and will include this role to run company filter. cheers!!!