Salesorder- Type

Hi Guru’s,

I am new to navision. In a sales order subform u have field TYPE.In that u Have options 5. In that I could understand regarding item, Charge (Item). But i could not understand what type of transactions can do with functions what are remaining.

Account (G/L) - the line contains a G/L account

Resource - The line contains a resource number

Fixed Asset - the line contains a fixed asset.

I would be very thankful if I cud get as many suggestions with some examples.If it is possible exaplain detail. d'oh!

thanks in advance

Account (G/L) allows you to sell a value directly to a sales account. This could be to process a sale where no item is sold, let say freight charges, or a price uplift, although most people would use other functions. It is not really advisable to sell from a GL account but if you do not buy the inventory module it is a simple solution.

Resource allows you to sell one of the resources you have defined in the resource module. You could hire out a room for example.

Fixed Asset - this is the sale of a fixed asset. You can purchase and depreciate them and of course you have the right to sell them. This interacts with the FA module appropriately.

Thank u Adam,

Regarding these transactions where can i find documents.How to do transactions.

thanks in advance

You would need to attend a training course or read the help I am afraid.

If you are a partner you can purchase the training material directly from Microsoft, if you are not you will need to go through your reseller.