Sales Invoice

Hi All, I have a doubt please clarify I am using NAV 5.0 I have posted Shipments with one ship to address but i need to change the Bill to address while posting Sales Invoice Regards Narayan

If I understand u r question properly,

when u try to change the Bill- to customer number in sales order after u post the sales shipment system will through the messge.

That means it doesnot allow to change bill – to customer no.

So run the debugger the check the code , where it is throwing the error , block that code.

**** Added by moderator **** This is very bad advice, users reading this post should be very carefull if trying to do this.

Madam,

Is it a proper solution. As blocking a code is which can do easily, But its not a permanent solution.

Give solution that suits the scenario clearly.

narayan

Actually what I thought , u know the standard solution that ‘y I had that solution.

I think that u don’t know the standard solution .

So the standard solution is

Go to that posted shipment document - select the Functions - >

Select undo shipment.

Now u can change the Bill – to customer properly. Now post it .

The above solution is the standard solution.

Hi Reema,

I know the standard Solution which is available in Navision but our problem is

A) We are using Warehouse Module

B) My Question is : When we are using FUNCTION - GET SHIPMENTS in Invoice it should show the shipments which are from SHIP TO CODE and not BILL TO CODE?

rEGARDS

nARAYAN

Hello Narayan,

Why should you always change the Bill to Address after the shipment is posted? any reason? if you are doing this then the bill to address shown on the Posted Shipment Document & Invoice will not be the same. Posted Shipments are used as “Delivery Notes” in most of the countries and then followed by Tax Invoice (Sales Invoice)

If Bill to address is different from Ship to address then this should be changed prior to posting of the shipment and then your problem is resolved.

Anyway, for Navision, this is a Point of Control so that once shipped, bill to to Address can’t be changed. Any changes to Bill to Address should be done prior to posting of the Shipments.

First thing is Ship to code is nothing but a different addressees of the sell- to customer .

Create the sales invoice in sell – to customer field select the customer , in Bill – to customer select the customer no , to whom u are going to invoice.

Then click the shipment lines

In get shipment lines u have 2 fields.

( press ctrl+ F8)

1. Sell – to customer ( it is based on ship - to -code)

2. Bill – to customer( it is based on bill – to- code)

Hi Reema,

It doesn’t work as you suggested co’z, While Invoicing, if the Bill to address is different after shipment is posted then you wont be able to see any shipment lines. (Get Shipment Lines)

Have u tried this?

Reema,

What u r saying is correct. But as v post the shipment, it is not possible to change the bill to code.

after posting the shipment how can we change the bill to code…

Rgs

Narayan

Blue sky wrote :

Have u tried this?

For this answer did u read my first reply . If u see that one u should not ask this question.

Seshanarayan :

after posting the shipment how can we change the bill to code…

Did u read my first reply , that was already I mentioned in my first post.

Standard Navision does not support u r requirement , until & unless customization. That ‘s y I told run the debugger .

Dear Blue Sky,

Running De-Bugger and commenting the Code is not a Permanent Solution. We have customized it.

But the Problem with Navision is when we use Get Shipment Lines it should list the Orders based on SHIP TO and not BILL TO

Regards

Narayan

These are two completely different requests.

and the advice given is dangerous.

Narayan, could you re think what you want to ask, and start again. I think this thread is way off track now, and could lead other users to following it and causing problems for their customers.

Hello Narayan,

I never suggested you to run the Debugger, guess you have mistaken. I suggested a correct method as you should not be changing Bill to address after the shipments are posted. Pls see my below comment which I wrote few days ago…

Hello Narayan,

Why should you always change the Bill to Address after the shipment is posted? any reason? if you are doing this then the bill to address shown on the Posted Shipment Document & Invoice will not be the same. Posted Shipments are used as “Delivery Notes” in most of the countries and then followed by Tax Invoice (Sales Invoice)

If Bill to address is different from Ship to address then this should be changed prior to posting of the shipment and then your problem is resolved.

Anyway, for Navision, this is a Point of Control so that once shipped, bill to to Address can’t be changed. Any changes to Bill to Address should be done prior to posting of the Shipments.

Hi Seshnarayan,

If any of the answers solved your problem, then please log in and click “Verify Solution” next to that answer. This way we know who helped you and that you have been helped. If you still have your problem, then please supply more information.